AU-13: Monitoring for Information Disclosure
- NIST Special Publication 800-53 Revision 4:
- AU-13: Monitoring For Information Disclosure
- Monitor [Assignment: organization-defined open-source information and/or information sites] [Assignment: organization-defined frequency] for evidence of unauthorized disclosure of organizational information; and
- If an information disclosure is discovered:
- Notify [Assignment: organization-defined personnel or roles]; and
- Take the following additional actions: [Assignment: organization-defined additional actions].
Unauthorized disclosure of information is a form of data leakage. Open-source information includes social networking sites and code-sharing platforms and repositories. Examples of organizational information include personally identifiable information retained by the organization or proprietary information generated by the organization.
AU-13(1): Use of Automated Tools
Monitor open-source information and information sites using [Assignment: organization-defined automated mechanisms].
AU-13(2): Review of Monitored Sites
Review the list of open-source information sites being monitored [Assignment: organization-defined frequency].
AU-13(3): Unauthorized Replication of Information
Employ discovery techniques, processes, and tools to determine if external entities are replicating organizational information in an unauthorized manner.