Implement, maintain, and operate datacenter surveillance systems at the external perimeter and at all the ingress and egress points to detect unauthorized ingress and egress attempts.
Equip external and internal perimeters with security alarm systems and surveillance devices such as movement sensors and cameras. Monitor these perimeters with security personnel. Retain any recordings for a defined period.
- Examine the policy relating to data center surveillance.
- Determine if the policy includes ingress, egress and external perimeter to detect unauthorized access.
- Determine if procedures include activities and actions against unauthorized personnel in the premises.
- Review and determine if items identified in surveillance system logs for the premises have been actioned in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Determine if logs are maintained and reviewed appropriately.
[csf.tools Note: For more information on the Cloud Controls Matrix, visit the CSA Cloud Controls Matrix Homepage.]
Cloud Control Matrix is Copyright 2023 Cloud Security Alliance.