- Implements a managed interface for each external telecommunication service;
- Establishes a traffic flow policy for each managed interface;
- Protects the confidentiality and integrity of the information being transmitted across each interface;
- Documents each exception to the traffic flow policy with a supporting mission/business need and duration of that need; and
- Reviews exceptions to the traffic flow policy [Assignment: organization-defined frequency] and removes exceptions that are no longer supported by an explicit mission/business need.