CM-10: Software Usage Restrictions
CSF v1.1 References:
- NIST Special Publication 800-53 Revision 4:
- CM-10: Software Usage Restrictions
- Use software and associated documentation in accordance with contract agreements and copyright laws;
- Track the use of software and associated documentation protected by quantity licenses to control copying and distribution; and
- Control and document the use of peer-to-peer file sharing technology to ensure that this capability is not used for the unauthorized distribution, display, performance, or reproduction of copyrighted work.
Software license tracking can be accomplished by manual or automated methods, depending on organizational needs. Examples of contract agreements include software license agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
CM-10(1): Open-source Software
Establish the following restrictions on the use of open-source software: [Assignment: organization-defined restrictions].