SI-10(1): Manual Override Capability
CSF v1.1 References:
(Not part of any baseline)
- NIST Special Publication 800-53 Revision 4:
- SI-10(1): Manual Override Capability
- Provide a manual override capability for input validation of the following information inputs: [Assignment: organization-defined inputs defined in the base control (SI-10)];
- Restrict the use of the manual override capability to only [Assignment: organization-defined authorized individuals]; and
- Audit the use of the manual override capability.
In certain situations, such as during events that are defined in contingency plans, a manual override capability for input validation may be needed. Manual overrides are used only in limited circumstances and with the inputs defined by the organization.